There are lemon potatoes and then there is these lemon potatoes!!! All I can say is OMG!!!
They are not roast potatoes, they are better – soft, fluffy and an explosion of taste with all the juices sucked up in the baking process. By far the best lemony garlic potatoes I have ever had and I can promise you that you will make them time-and-time again!
I have adapted the recipe from Sprinkles and Sprouts.
- 1.2kg x potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks of ± the same size)
- 60ml x olive oil
- 125ml x freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 250ml x chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp x lemon zest
- 8 x garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp x dried oregano
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Place the potatoes in an ovenproof baking dish.
- Mix together all the ingredients together and pour over the potatoes. Make sure all the potatoes are covered with the sauce.
- (Be careful how much salt you use, the stock you will be using might be salty. I suggest caution, you can always add more salt afterwards)
- Cover the dish with foil and roast in the oven for 70 minutes.
- Remove the foil and turn the potatoes over.
- Return to the oven and roast uncovered for another 15 minutes or until you have a light golden colour and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve warm.