Sweet potatoes for me is one of those magical vegetables that cover the whole spectrum from sweet to salty, as a side dish or a meal on its own.
This recipe by Sam Linsell is one of the best sweet potato salads I’ve tried and a regular in my home. It’s healthy, it’s easy to make and it’s absolutely delicious!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, washed and cut into wedges with skin on
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp honey, optional (heated to make it easier to pour)
- Pinch of dried chilli flakes, or to taste
- salt & pepper
- 3 spring onions trimmed and finely sliced (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- Coriander oil
- 30g fresh coriander/cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 – 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbs white or red wine vinegar
- ¼ green chilly, deseeded
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Spicy lime yoghurt dressing
- ½ cup Greek style yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the sweet potatoes. Pre heat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the potato wedges in a large bowl with the olive oil, honey (if using), salt, pepper and chilli flakes and toss to coat.
- Transfer onto a lined baking sheet that is big enough to spread them around.
- Roast for about 50-60 minutes until soft in the center and colored on the outside. Remove from oven
- For the coriander oil. Add all the ingredients (except the water) to a food processor and pulse until you have a thick sauce. Add water as required to thin it out to a drizzling consistency.
- For the spicy lime yogurt dressing
- Stir the sriracha and lime juice through the yoghurt and season to taste with salt & pepper.
Plating. Arrange the sweet potato wedges on a platter, drizzle over the coriander oil followed by the yogurt dressing. Sprinkle with toasted pumpkin seeds.