What is nicer than a bowl of hot piping cheese, fresh bread, a glass of wine and good company?
On these hot summer days I am often not hungry and putting together a sharing plate of fresh bread, cheeses, cold meats and fruit works just fine for me. This recipe can be mixed the day before and baked at the last minute.
Cheese is good, melted cheese is better!
- 450g x Ricotta
- 3 x cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp x fresh thyme, leaves only
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp x Maldon salt
- ¼ cup x extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup x Parmesan cheese, grated
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- Fresh crusty bread for serving
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined.
- Spoon into large ovenproof dish or smaller ramekins and bake for 10-15 minutes or until bubbling and just slightly golden.
- Let cool briefly. Serve with fresh bread.