These Reuben sliders are the simplest snack to throw together and I never have any leftovers!
I have used pastrami which I am happy to say is available more often at our grocery stores. It is okay to use ham or roast beef slices but then it is strictly not a Reubens anymore but hey, the whole idea is to make a quick and delicious snack and no matter what you want to call it, it will go down a treat!
If you want to feed a crowd, just double the recipe according to the number of people you want to feed.
- 6 x brioche buns (sliced in half)
- 6 x slices pastrami/ham/roast beef
- 12 x slices Jarlsberg cheese
- 1 x box packaged sauerkraut (drained in a colander and squeezing out excess liquid with towel-paper)
- 6 Tbsp x store-bought Thousand Island dressing
- 30g x butter, melted
- ½ tsp x garlic powder
- ½ tsp x onion powder
- 1 tsp x poppy seeds
- Preheat your oven to 175°C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Start by placing the bottom half of the the buns on the lined tray.
- Then layer with your cold meat, a slice of cheese, a heaped spoon of sauerkraut and another slice of cheese.
- Smear 1 Tbsp of Thousand Island dressing on the inside of the top bun and gently press onto the bottom half.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, garlic and onion powder and brush the tops of the buns evenly.
- Sprinkle poppy seeds over the buns and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake in the oven covered for 10 minutes, remove the foil and bake a further 10 minutes uncovered.
- Serve immediately.
Tip : Make sure you squeeze out as much as possible of the liquid in the sauerkraut. You do not want to serve soggy buns!