I host many functions and every now and then I will have a guest who is gluten intolerant. This is my go-to bread replacement recipe. I sometimes like to jazz it up by adding a little bee pollen giving it a very subtle honey taste.
Super easy and simple to make and the best part is that you can freeze any leftover bread for another day.
- 4 x eggs
- ½ x cup neutral olive oil
- 1 x pinch of salt
- A combination of nuts and seeds weighing 500g, I used :
- 50g flax seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 50g x sunflower seeds
- 150g x almonds
- 150g x hazelnuts
- A herb of your choice. I used about 1 Tbsp of fresh chopped rosemary
- 1 - 2 tsp x bee pollen (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 160°C and line a standard bread form with baking paper.
- Mix the eggs together in a bowl.
- Add olive oil, salt and herbs if you are using any.
- Weigh out your nut and seed mix and add it to the eggs.
- Mix to incorporate.
- Pour the mix into the prepared and lined bread form.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool slightly, remove from the tin and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
- Wrapped tightly in clingfilm, this bread will last at least 3 days.
Tips : You can use any combination of nuts and seeds you have in your pantry.