For the health conscious, this is the perfect go-to recipe. Do not let the simplicity of this dish fool you, it is super tasty and packed with flavour. It is without a doubt one of my favourite summer meals with a crisp glass of white.
The recipe appeared in Epicurious.
- For the Jerk Spice :-
- 1 tsp x ground all spice
- 1 tsp x ground cumin
- ¼ tsp x dried thyme
- ¼ tsp x cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp x ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp x salt
- 4 x 200g fillets salmon, skin on
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- For the Salsa :-
- 1 x ripe pineapple, skin and core removed and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 x ripe mangoes, peeled, cored and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 x medium sized red onion finely chopped
- 2 x red chilies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 x cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the salmon and jerk spice. Combine all the spices and rub over both sides of the salmon.
- Heat oil in large pan and cook salmon over medium high heat. Roughly 3-4 minutes each side.
- For the salsa. Simply mix all the ingredients together and season to taste.