I first tasted a White Cosmopolitan at Restaurant Daniel off Park Avenue in NYC. The presentation with an orchid flower set in an ice sphere was absolutely mesmerising! Not taking anything away from the taste but yeah, they had me at the ice-sphere already.
Since then, I have been making this at home many times, specially for my girlfriends with our summer parties. It is delicious, elegant and so very memorable! See this link on my website to make your very own orchid ice spheres.
- 30ml St Germain elderflower liquor
- 45ml vodka
- 25ml white cranberry or white grape juice
- 15ml lime juice (freshly squeezed)
- Pesticide-free mini orchid in ice ball (Optional)
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add vodka, elderflower liquor, cranberry/grape juice and lime juice.
- Shake and strain into cocktail glass and serve with orchid ice-sphere.