Friday evenings in Norway is Taco-Friday and what better drink than a spicy Mango and Jalapeño Margarita!
It is really easy to make and I would recommend that you use frozen mango, its so much less fuzz making your drinks.
- • For the Jalapeño simple syrup (Makes just over 1 cup syrup)
- 1 x cup sugar
- 1 x cup water
- 2 x jalapeños, sliced in half
- • For the glass rim
- 1 tsp x chili powder
- 1 tsp x salt
- • For the Margarita
- 1 x cup mango cubes, you can use fresh or frozen (I find using frozen mango quite okay and less prep work)
- 90ml x jalapeño simple syrup
- 135ml x tequila
- 45ml x Contreau or triple sec
- 90ml x freshly squeezed lime juice
- To make the jalapeño simple syrup, combine the water and sugar on low heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from heat, add the jalapeños and let it steep until room temperature.
- Strain the mixture using a fine sieve into a lidded jar. Store in the fridge until ready for use.
- To make the rim for your glass, mix the chilli powder and salt together and place on a small plate.
- Wet the rim of your glasses using the leftover lime wedges and then dip the glass rim in the chili powder/salt mixture.
- Fill the glasses with ice whilst you get on making the cocktail.
- Place the mango and jalapeño simple syrup in a high powdered blender and blend until smooth.
- Fill a shaker with a few ice cubes and pour in the mango/simple syrup mixture, tequila, Contreau/triple sec and lime juice.
- Shake until chilled.
- Pour evenly into two glasses and drink immediately!