Lets be honest, there are thousands of taco recipes out there, but this recipe ticks all the boxes for what I like in a taco. A beautiful combination of all the products that I love and a balance between sweet, sour, spicy and smokey. Not to mention that the beer marinated steak is as tender as it gets!
The other good news is that I have this recipe in Norwegian as well. Yes, I am finally making the attempt to make my Norwegian followers happy as well. My website is not set up for two languages but please feel free to PM me and I will forward the Norwegian recipe to you.
- You'll need for the marinade
- • 500-600g sirloin steak, cut into 1,5cm pieces (ytrefillet)
- • 1 can (330ml) Pale Lager beer
- • Juice of ½ lime
- • 1 tsp salt, plus more
- • ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more
- You'll need for the salsa
- • 1 small onion, chopped
- • 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- • 2 Tbsp olive oil
- • 2 large plum tomatoes
- • 2 red peppers roasted
- • 1 tsp salt
- • 1 tsp chipotle powder
- • 3 Tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- You'll need for serving
- • 8 corn tortillas
- • Avocado slices, feta cheese and lime wedges (for serving)
- Combine steak, beer, 1 Tbsp lime juice, 1 tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper in a resealable plastic bag. Seal and chill 3 hours.
- Heat your oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with was paper.
- Grill the tomatoes and red peppers (turning occasionally) until they are well charred. Place in a sealed bag for a few minutes. Remove the skin and core.
- Cook onion, garlic and oil in a small pan over medium heat until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes and then cool.
- In your food processor, blend the cooked onion and garlic, tomatoes, red peppers, chipotle and remaining 3 Tbsp lime until smooth. Add chopped cilantro, season with salt, and pulse until just combined. Transfer salsa to a small bowl.
- Grill tortillas in a medium hot pan until soft and beginning to char, about 30 seconds per side.
- Remove steak from marinade and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper and grill until charred, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board to rest. Cut into 1cm strips.
- To serve. Top each tortilla with a few pieces of steak, then some salsa, fresh coriander leaves, avocado, and crumbed feta cheese. Serve with lime wedges to squeeze over.