I always relate to bread and butter pudding as comfort home cooking, specially in winter months. This one is slightly more “posh” and perfect for the summer days with light brioche buns and fresh raspberries. Enjoy!
- 6 brioche buns, halved
- 125g softened butter
- 4 eggs
- 100g sugar, plus extra for serving
- 500ml almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs orange rind, grated
- 130g fresh raspberries
- 20g raw almond flakes
- icing sugar for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spread the brioche rolls with the butter and place the halves in a 21 cm x 11 cm baking dish.
- Place the almond milk, eggs, vanilla extract, white sugar and grated orange rind in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Gradually pour the mixture over the brioche halves and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Top with raspberries and almonds and sprinkle with the extra white sugar.
- Cook for about 30 minutes or until golden and just set. Allow to stand for 10 minutes to cool slightly.
- Top with fresh raspberries and dust with icing sugar to serve
I sometimes use frozen raspberries for the baking process, they seem to hold there shape a bit better and then add fresh ones just before serving.