I had this vision of a small gathering, gooey cheese, fresh bread and red wine and with the cold and dark months right upon us, I decided to test the idea of making my Garlic & Parsley Wreath bread with baked brie in the centre.
Well needless to say, it worked!! So, to make this recipe you will have to follow all the instructions of my Garlic & Parsley Wreath bread that you can find here.
The most important part is that you leave enough space to fit your wheel of brie in the centre. If you can find a bowl that is just a little bigger than your brie wheel, even better! Oil it on the outside and place it in the centre during the last proofing stage. This will ensure that there is enough space for the brie to fit when it gets baked.
The wreath bread recipe on its own is usually enough for 8 people, not in this case though. No one can resist fresh bread and gooey cheese so I would say it is enough for 4 people.
Enjoy and Bon appetite!
- Follow the recipe of the Garlic and Parsley Wreath Bread
- 500g x brie wheel
- 1 x sprig fresh rosemary (optional)
- Follow the recipe of the Garlic & Parsley Wreath Bread up to the point where you make the wreath.
- Take a bowl that is just a little bigger than the brie, oil it on the outside and place it in the centre of your parchment paper.
- Wrap the wreath around the bowl and tuck the two ends underneath each other and leave to proof for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bowl and whisk the last egg together and gently brush the wreath.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 200°C.
- Carefully cut off the top white skin of your brie with a sharp knife, you really want to take as little as possible of the cheese away. (It is easier to cut when your brie is cold so I suggest you keep it in the fridge until this stage)
- Remove the bread from the oven after 20 minutes and insert your brie carefully in the centre, scatter over a few leaves of rosemary.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes or until you can see that the brie has gone all soft and gooey. (If you see that your bread is going brown too quickly, you can reduce the heat of your oven to 180°C)
- Serve immediately and tuck in!