Last weekend I had an event at my house where I used watercress in one of the courses. I am not one to waste food, it goes against everything I believe in! So with loads of watercress left, my mind started processing how I am going to use it. Soup is the obvious choice, but why have soup when you can have a cocktail!!!
- 50ml x gin
- 20ml x freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 10ml sugar syrup
- 10 x basil leaves
- About a thumb thickness cutting of watercress
- Additional watercress for garnish
- Muddle the watercress, basil and sugar syrup in a shaker & leave to infuse for about 5 minutes.
- Add gin, lemon juice, ice and shake until cold.
- Double strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with watercress.