Last weekend I had an event at my house where I used watercress in one of the courses. I am not one to waste food, it goes against everything I believe in. So with loads of watercress left, my mind started processing how I am going to use it. Soup is the obvious choice, but why have soup when you can have a cocktail!!!
This is an easy recipe and although it is a cocktail, I can also see me enjoying this on a hot day in a tall glass, lots of ice and filled with this very refreshing drink.
- 50ml x gin
- 20ml x freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 10ml sugar syrup
- 10 x basil leaves
- About a dumb thickness cutting of watercress
- Additional watercress for garnish
- Muddle the watercress, basil and sugar syrup in a shaker & leave to infuse for about 5 minutes.
- Add gin, lemon juice, ice and shake,
- Double strain into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with watercress.