That can of chickpeas standing in your pantry has kept a secret from you. Roast them and it transforms into a crispy, savory snack that you can eat by the handful or add to salads.
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 x ½ tsp each spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, curry powder or dried herbs or simply make a blend of your favorite spices.
- Heat the oven to 200°C.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas, place in a strainer over the sink and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Place the chickpeas on towel paper or a clean dishcloth and pat until very dry.
- Spread the chickpeas out on a baking tray; pour over the olive oil and salt. Using your hands, toss around to make sure it is all covered.
- Roast for 20-30 minutes until golden, dry and crispy on the outside.
- Remove and place into a bowl. Sprinkle the spices on top and mix until they are evenly coated. Serve immediately.